Saturday, December 11, 2010

MOTHER NATURE CONSPIRES AGAINST ME

This mornings run was one of the most difficult I've ever done. It was cold, there was a light coating of snow on the ground, and in less than 2 miles I soaked my feet in an icy puddle and smashed the arch of my foot on the point of a rock. The leaves were iced over and felt like running on 4 inch thick crunching honeycombs. It was too rough to hop into the Rock Garden stream so I grabbed a stick for balance and crossed on a fallen tree. My first trip across went pretty smoothly. My second? Not so much. I came very close to falling into the drink and, in hindsight, would have been better off. By the end of this run I'd completely jacked up the arch of my right foot and managed to injury my left achilles. Not a good day at the office.









No comments:

Post a Comment